Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife- Audrey Niffenegger



I waited a month on the holds list, and was super excited when it was my turn to read The Time Traveler's Wife.  The movie trailer convinced me it would be a good read.  Isn't that how everyone decides their next book?

One of my library heroes is Nancy Pearl, because she has my dream job- children's librarian at the Seattle Public Library.  (To be able to pick her brain...)  Anyway, her rule is give a book 50 pages.  If you're not into it by then, give up- it's not getting any better.  I was so desperate for this book to get better that I doubled the rule!  Unfortunately the confusing plot line and somewhat shallow characters never got better, and I gave up.  This may be the one exception to the rule, the movie just may be better than the book.  When I see it, I'll let you know.  I give this one a single black coffee (Ew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment